It all started when I found this ugly door in our serial killer room in Kansas. (If you haven't heard about our serial killer room, it was sweet!) So I asked Caleb if he could take the door part off the window pane part. I wanted to make something cute out of it, and Caleb thought I was crazy, but obliged me.
There was more to it than you might think. It took some time to pry these babies apart, especially since there were about 5 coats of paint sticking them together like glue.
We hauled this ugly window pane with us to St. George. Then I got working on it. I had to knock out the glass, and chip away and the wood pieces holding it in place.
After all that, I sanded, primed (a lot) and painted it. It took many coats of paint since I couldn't sand down all that ugly green. Plus, when I thought I was getting rid of the green, there was all this red paint underneath it.
Here is a pic of my final product. Caleb told me later that he was impressed since he didn't think that ugly thing could turn out looking that great! (that is quite a compliment coming from a guy that doesn't care about decoration stuff at all.)
This is another view of the cute rose wreath I made. I love it! It took about 1 million hours to make, but at least I now have one cute thing hanging in my house.
A close-up of the wreath. Turned out pretty good, eh?




9 comments:
That is gorgeous! I wish I was able to look at something that ugly and see the cuteness in it. I just see that it is extremely ugly! Good job.
Holy crap that looks GREAT!!! Your Wreath looks amazing. I so wish I had mad crafting skills!!! Good job
That's awesome Case-Where in your house did you hang that?
Good job on carting that across the country. I agree with your peep that said, I woud just see ugly. I'm trying to do better though. Sounds like a torch time of sanding and priming. Excellent job!~
YES! It turned out freaking cute Case! I want to make a rose wreath now too. And wow that ugly thing turned out quite nice after all your hard work! Love it.
Pretty good? That's beautiful! Good job with the window pane, too. Gotta love it when there's an even uglier paint color under the one you just sanded off! (We had a bathroom wallpaper dilemma just like that once--I think we went through 4 layers before we hit bottom!)
Case,
That is seriously so cute and refreshing! That wreath is awesome too. I was hoping for a little 'how to' on the wreath.
Seriously so cute!
Casey, I love. I want! All of it. I am keeping that picture in my memory for some day. Great idea dn great job!
Wow Casey - I am totally impressed. Love the wreath, love the door project. You are motivating!
So, now I need to hear more about this serial killer room. . . when we lived in Provo we had a "polyg cellar" - totally creepy.
Turned out cute! I love that kind of stuff!!!! Aiden just lost his first tooth? Wow, that kid is a bit behind, did the tooth fairy make up for that?
Post a Comment