9.4.11

New Entry Table (Finally)

This post is for the peeps that I told about my entry table and now I'm finally documenting it. I'm a little sad that I didn't take any pics while I was building this bad boy. (Well, I took one on my phone before I painted it.)

So, here is the story. After moving to St. George, I really, really wanted a new entry table and some new couches. (more to come on the new couches some other time) I checked Craigslist every day, and none of them really stood out to me, or they were WAY overpriced. I didn't know what to do about buying one because they are way to expensive in a furniture store.

One day I was venting to my friend about my entry table dilema to one of my friends who lives here. She said, "I have a friend who builds stuff like this all the time in her garage, and she has all the tools." I talked to girl and she was very willing to help me build my own entry table.

The next step for me was to find a table that I liked. Ana White's blog was the perfect place because she has all the details and plans to tons of different wood projects. I found one that I liked, printed the plans, then headed over to get some help.







After buying the wood at Home Depot, it only took 2 days to build this awesome entry table. I customized it a little bit to make it taller, but other than that, the plans were perfect. Then I spent day after day sanding painting, sanding, painting, glazing, sanding, and painting until it was finally finished. I'm so happy with how it turned out!

6 comments:

Audrey said...

I want to make me an entry table! SOOOOO BAD. {guess that's my next project} Yours and Kerr's are my favorite. LOVE IT Case! Hey, and put up pics of your pillows cuz we know they are adorable!

Linnae said...

You BUILT that? Wow! Way to go! Looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

So cute Casey!!!

Zach, Keri, Saylor and Casha said...

Case it turned out SO cute. I love it. Nice work, thats awesome you did all the work on it.

dancingdresden said...

Holy Cow case!!! Very impressive! Absolutely adoreable! ~Alissa

tjayandjulie said...

Dang girl, fabulous work!