21.7.09

4th of July Doings

We had a super fun and busy filled forth of July. It started out with me waking up at 5:45 A.M. A friend of mine and me headed in our car to go run a 5k race. That was fun and I ended up placing 2nd in my age group and was lucky enough to get some winning money....5 bucks. Sweet!


Then we all headed over to the parade where Aiden got a load of candy, and Cruiz was just happy to be outside.


After the parade, we drove up into the mountains for a picnic with some friends. We had great company and ate lots of yummy food.


Then we hiked up a trail to a little pond where the kids could fish.


And Aiden caught some seaweed.





The kids were so exhausted half way through the day, they konked out in the car.


This has got to be one of my favorite pics. This is Cruiz's first sparkler. He wasn't quite sure what to think of it.


Once he got the hang of it, he loved sparklers and wanted to keep waving them around (sometimes in his mom's face.)





This year's 4th was so great to be able to spend time with friends and family. We are so blessed to have the freedoms we enjoy!

5 comments:

Three Men and a Janie said...

Casey, you are BEAUTIFUL! Sheesh! Nice job on the 5K - I like how you can see two guys right there with you running - I am always back with all the women. :)

tjayandjulie said...

SHEESH!! I feel like I haven't caught up on your life in a bit. Good job on the race, and the winnings. Did you go to Stinker Station and buy some peach rings with that? Were you in the Burg for the 4th? I was trying to tell from the pics and wasn't sure. When are you stopping on through Denver again?

McArthurs said...

Case, you never told me you won money... 5 bucks, sweet! Haha I see you're wearing black shorts. How come Case? LOL Hey at least you get to run though. I tried again the other day and i have to go so slow so that i don't you know what that it makes my legs burn like crazy. Well i'm glad that you guys had a fun 4th and I loved that Aidey guy caught some seaweed and is holdin it up like he's all proud.

Zach, Keri, Saylor and Casha said...

Case, nice job on your race and heck yea to the 5 bucks. It looks like you guys had a really fun day doin all sorts of fun things. I love the pic of Cruiz and the sparkler, its a good one and same as Aidey guy all proud of his seaweed. THe goods.

Sheri said...

Hey Casey, cute blog. Hey, hope all is well. Email me ok.

Sheri