3.11.10

HALLOWEEN

My friend was giving Aiden a ride home the other day and she asked him what he was going to be for Halloween. His reply, "I don't know, my mom hasn't told me yet."
I laughed so hard when I heard that. We always make homemade costumes every year for Halloween, which means if I have some time, I can make some cool costumes. This year, I felt like I didn't have near enough time because I have been so busy lately. So we decided to have our boys be mummies. Aiden wanted to have a skeleton painted on his face too, so he would be more scary. (no time - sorry Aidey-guy)


The problem with being mummies, we later found out, is that it took forever to wrap up our boys in their mummy gear. After finally getting them all wrapped up, the strips of fabric came falling off after 5 minutes. Pretty soon, it looked real dumb, and I wish I hadn't decided that would be their costume. Plus, the boys hated it. They wanted it off pretty quickly.


Here we are as Mario and Luigi. The hats didn't take me to long to make and the facial hair is just felt. Caleb borrowed these overalls from the neighbor who we've talked to about twice since we've lived here. The guy wears overalls to work everyday, so Caleb thought it would be okay to borrow them from him. Well, he did (I wouldn't go with him) and they were high waters pretty bad. That is why Caleb has the look with his overalls down to the middle of his stomach, cuz he had to lower them as low as they could go. Then he had to wear regular pants underneath too, so he wasn't a nerdy Mario. The nerdy Mario just wasn't the look we were going for.
Caleb would go around saying "Mamma Mia."




So, I whipped up some masks, and vwa-la! We changed their costumes to super-heroes. Cute and fun and easy too.

P.S. My sister made these awesome capes for my boys for Christmas last year!

3 comments:

Audrey said...

Ah Case! I LOVE that you guys were Mario and Luigi! Awesomeness! I can't wait to see you four in like 3ish weeks!!

Holly said...

Pretty fun Case. I liked Caleb's overalls the best, oh and the capes of course. Those are so cute!!! You are lucky to have a sister like that, who would spend all that time on those sweet, cute, capes.

McArthurs said...

LOL HOll is sweet. But for reals, all the costumes are the goods, and that is funny about Caleb's overalls. Good thing you guys are quick thinkers.