7.11.12

Aiden turns 9!

I can't believe I have a nine year old! It makes me feel old each time I even think about it. But Aiden is a good boy that loves life. He loves sports like crazy. He continues to tell me how he is the fastest, best kicker, best shooter, best soccer player in the whole third grade. (We need to work on being a little more humble) He loves playing with Cruiz, building anything (especially legos), and can out eat his mom (and that's saying something). He loves to tell jokes, and will talk to anyone. He does well in school and works hard.
Here is the tank cake I made Aiden this year. For Birthdays at our house, my boys get to pick what we have for breakfast, and for dinner. Then they get to pick what kind of cake I make them. Lately though, my boys seem to want whatever they had the year before, and don't come up with anything new on their own. So when Aiden told me he wanted another race car cake, I decided he would like a tank cake even more. And he did!
Aiden cracks me up. The other day I was at a Relief Society enrichment night, and the bishop's wife Mary started telling me how she loves my boys. (I visit teach her) Anyway, she told me that on Sunday after Sacrament meeting where she gave the closing prayer Cruiz ran and gave her a huge hug around her legs, and told her hi. Then Aiden goes walking by her and says, "Nice prayer." And then he walked off. I laughed my head off when she told me that. I love that kid.

No comments: