17.11.08

Do you think the Landlord will notice?


Before


After


After living in Kansas for 2 full months, and sleeping on queen-sized air mattress for those 2 full months, Caleb decided he couldn't take it anymore. He cut out the door frame above the stairs so we could finally get our California king mattress up the stairs. It still took some prodding and pushing after he cut out the top of the frame, but now we are happily living it up on a luxurious and most comfortable bed. Do you think the landlord will notice?

14 comments:

Mike and Jenn said...

That is great! Mike and I have the same size mattress, and so I know exactly how big of a pain it can be to get into tight places. Really, if you fix up the trim and what not, I don't think it the landlord would notice TOO much! Good luck with your new project...at least your sleeping better, right?

Zach, Keri, Saylor and Casha said...

Ha ha. That is sweet. I can't believe you guys did that. Good luck fixing it up. I know Zach would have done the same thing, but within the first week. There's no way he would have waited for 2 months. Good work

Dahlia said...

Nah...that's hardly noticeable! Looks like Caleb made a clean cut, so it should be easy to patch...right???

Sorry you had to cut the frame out to get your bed in your room! Sheesh!

V said...

KASEY!! So, I'm stalking you, just thought you'd like to know! Love your pictures of the changing color trees and your boys are so cute! Keep in touch! Hey, it looks like you live in the Everybody Loves Raymond house - I bet you pay some good rent for a prime piece of property like that!! ~ LEGGS!

Megan said...

We would probably do the same thing. Our mattress is very very dear to our hearts! Just hang a curtain there...or something. It's worth it for the sleep, right? And yeah, I would never sleep on air mattress for two months. You guys are troops!

melissa and nathan said...

So Case, we slept on an air mattress for 3 months while our house was finishing being built. I opted out of packing and repacking ect. By the end of those 3 loooong months, the first thing we moved in, the bed was set up for a sound peaceful nights sleep. But, we did not have to take out any door jams. Sweet!

The Shill Spill said...

Holy Cow! That is awesome! So glad you can enjoy such a wonderous bed...that I some day wish to have. :) I bet it was ALL worth it! :)

~Silly me said...

Um, ya, i think he is going to notice, how the freak are you going to fix that? Comedy and good job. Is it selfish of me to want a king?

Zach, Keri, Saylor and Casha said...

So when its time to move out instead of cutting the door, cut the bed! From Zach
sweet huh? Zach had me type that as his message.

Mike & Britt said...

So glad to see your cute little family! And a big yeah for Kansas! If you ever need a break from KS. hop on over to the sunshine state! We love visitors! Enjoy Kansas!!

Holly said...

that's funny

McArthurs said...

I like what you did with the place. It's lookin good, and i'm sure the landlord will like it too. That is pretty sweet Case. Haha, i like it. I'm glad you get to sleep on your bed though now, cuz 2 months of an air mattress? Sheesh, i can only stand one of those for a few nights if i have to.

tjayandjulie said...

Oh my gosh!!!!! What's going to happen when your landlord decides to put a door there and it no longer fits? CRAZY!!!!!

Leslie said...

I love it! You guys are hilarious. THe things we do for a good nights rest!!
And by the way Casey.. You look fabulous!!!